As you know April Fool’s Day is among us. I’ve tried to compile a list of some technology related pranks that you may want to use at your own risk.
Here is my top 5:
1) Fake Format. A free at that simulates Window’s formatting of drives. The user is unable to stop, interrupt, or cancel this format. Once the fake formatting is complete, the standard Windows format summary appears. Upon closing this summary screen the program can be exited. No harm done.
2) The Finger:Another tool from the same vendor that changes the cursor to the middle finger and then back to normal again. A lot of nice options available with this piece of software.
3) The Blue Screen of Death. Another oldie but goodie. Download an image of the famous blue screen of death and set it to run on screen saver. I’ve seen people hit ctrl-alt-delete as soon as they see this screensaver pop-up so use this one with caution.
4) Here is an easier one to implement. The old put a piece of tape under the optical mouse’s laser sensor. The tape will make the mouse go haywire.
5) The Naked Women Prank. This is a variation of the format C: prank. Download the fake erase program and rename it to “naked_women.zip”. Send it over to unsuspecting victims and once opened it will begin the fake format. You’ll instantly here yelling from various cubes letting you know who tried to open it.
Feel free to add your favorites to the list.
Again, use good judgment when trying to implement any of these… You have been warned 🙂