Pakistan has won the 3rd and final test of the series against England and have broke many records. This is Pakistan’s first whitewash against England in a Test series. This is an extraordinary achievement for them as they have done this at a neutral venue as they have no home to call its own. Entering the series Pakistan were underdogs as they were going to compete with the world number one test team. Below are some of the records during this series.
- This is Pakistan’s 5th White Wash overall. Previous they have achieved this against Australia, New Zealand, West Indies and Bangladesh.
- Pakistan scored 99 in the first innings and still won the match. Last time this happened was 105 years back when England beat South Africa after hitting 76 in their first innings. It is also just 9th time overall that a team has won despite a score of less than 100 in the first innings.
- 19.06 was England Team’s batting average in this series. This was their second lowest in a series with 3 or more test matches since 1888.
- 48 wickets at an average of 15.64 were taken by spinners for Pakistan in this series. This is the highest number of wickets taken by Pakistan spinners in a three-Test series.
- Overall 75 wickets fell to spinners in this series. Only twice spinners have crossed this figure in a three match test series.
- Under Misbah’s captaincy this is 9th test win with just 1 loss in 15 matches. He is now the 6th best captain and definitely in race (6 more matches) to become the best captain for Pakistan.
Pakistan team is having a dream run since 2011. They have won 9, lost 1 and draw 3 matches out of 13 matches played since.
The success of Pakistan team is clearly measurable with their team members individual performances in both bowling and batting departments.
3 of the top 5 bowlers in last one year are from Pakistan.
5 of the top 15 batsmen in last one year are from Pakistan.
I wish them good luck and hope with this form they will reach the top.